Scouting U Launches New BSA Learn Center
Connecting volunteers to the learning content they need when they need it is the purpose of the new BSA Learn Center. In to-day’s fast-paced world Scouting volunteers want to know how to deliver quality Scouting programs to youth but need access to training in short learning segments. Delivering a quality Scouting program makes volunteering as a leader rewarding. When the Scouting program is delivered as designed, leaders get to see the youth become more confident and resilient and begin to learn and practice leadership at all levels.
The BSA Learn Center is designed to provide new and robust methods of delivering learning to leaders. Position-specific training is now delivered in three parts called learning plans. The content for each learning plan is designed for the specific position and is recommended to be taken before the first meeting, within the first 30 days, and to complete position-specific training with-in 90 days. The training program is self-paced, allowing the volunteer to complete the training as quickly as he or she would like.
| Creating An Account for BSA LearnCenter|
Go to My.Scouting.org to create a My.Scouting account. Your My.Scouting account user information will also serve as your login for the BSA LearnCenter. If you already have an account for My.scouting, you may skip this step.
1. Click My.Scouting.org
2. Select Create Account
3. Follow the steps to create an account
| Log into the BSA LearnCenter|
Log into the BSA LearnCenter using your same username and password as you did with My.Scouting.org.
| Starting Your Training|
1. Select the MyLearning tab.
2. Select the Learning Plan that you want to work on.
3. Select the Course Name to start the course.
| Adding Content to your My Learning plan|
1. Select Course Catalog from the navigation bar and select the Learning Plans tab. 2. Browse the available content.
3. Hover over a learning plan and when you see + select it to self enroll for any content that you want to add to your Learning Plan
Find the content that you need when you need it. Search the available course content by keyword:
1. In the BSA LearnCenter click on Course Catalog.
2. Type the keyword for the content you need into the search text box.
3. Select the search button.
|_|| Tips and Tricks|
-If you are having trouble viewing content, see the Tools & Resources page.
-Add the BSA LearnCenter to your Internet Favorites so that you can access it easily in the future.
1. With your browser open to the BSA LearnCenter window, type CTRL + D.
2. Type BSA LearnCenter.
3. In the Add a Favorite window, click Add.