A cornerstone of the BSA program is training. There are many opportunities available to both youth and adult leadership at the local, council, and national levels to further develop. Some of these trainings will be conducted in your unit; others are available for you to work on by yourself. Below are some of the upcoming local and council training events.
Here is a list of planned traiing for 2022. More details will be posted below as they become avalible:
- Mar 05 Den Chief Training
- Mar 12 Leader Specific Training
- Mar 26 CPR/AED/First Aid Training
- Apr 09 Den Leader Huddle
- Apr 23 Iron and Fire Cooking
- May 7-8 Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS)
- May 7-8 Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO)
- Jun 11 Cub Scout Shooting Sports Training
- Aug 05 Den Chief Training
- Oct 15-16 Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS)
- Oct 15-16 Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO)
- Oct 15 Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training
- Introduction To Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS)
- Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO)
- Online Learning
- Wood Badge
- Training Awards
- Youth Protection Training
For current information about leader training available across the Occoneechee Council, check the council calendar.
If you need help finding or setting up training in order to better serve our youth, please contact your District Training Chair.